Isle of Lewis general information
Welcome to Vegotel Isle of Lewis, a small b&b located on the Island of Great Bernera on the west coast of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. Also known as the Western Isles of Scotland and connected to mainland Lewis by a road bridge. The rocky island of Bernera can be easily explored on foot and is ideal for walking and wildlife-watching. Here you will experience breath-taking sceneries along with the warm Hebridean hospitality.
Lewis has a very rich history and is known for its ancient Callanish Standing Stones erected 5000 years ago. This neolithic monument which predates the famous Stonehenge, is one of the most important megalithic complexes in Europe.
Located 30 km from the b&b, the Gearrannan Blackhouse Village is a unique group of restored traditional blackhouse cottages once inhabited by local families and their animals. Bosta Beach with its white shell sands is at 10 km from the b&b. Located on the south western side of the Isle of Lewis at 40 km from the b&b, Uiga Beach is one of the finest of all Scotland's beaches. The possibilities are endless, for example island-hopping, cycling, surfing, kayaking, boat trips, golf, whisky and gin distilleries.
Three rooms available
- One double room.
- Two single rooms.
- Shared facilities.
- Two rooms have back garden view, the third room has front garden and sea view.
- The breakfast room becomes a social room in the afternoons and evenings including coffee and tea facilities.
- Free private parking.
- Including the use of the garden and facilities.
- Including towels and bed linen.
- Pet friendly.
- Biker friendly.
- Wheelchair friendly.
- To prevent electrosmog the wi-fi can be switched off on request.
- Pick-up from Stornoway airport and ferry terminal at extra cost (€ 20,-).
- Pick-up from Harris on request.
- Ecological cleaning, care and beauty products.
- Second hand furniture.
- Organic food.
- Energy saving lights.
- Recovery and reuse of rainwater.
- E-bike rental.
- Waste seperation.
- Organic vegan breakfast included.
- Dinner on request.
- A traditional restaurant offering vegan options for lunch and dinner is located at 40 km.
- A general supermarket including a range of vegan and organic products is located at 40 km.