Blije general information
Welcome to Vegotel Blije, an environmentally friendly hotel located in a farmhouse build in 1885 at the edge of the Waddensea area. Recently been voted the most beautiful natural location in the Netherlands and a Unesco World Heritage location. Here guests will find peace and space to enjoy and recover from their daily stress. Sunrises and sunsets are spectacularly beautiful. Ideal for Walking or cycling on our Zeedijk (Sea dyke) in the direction of Lauwersmeer, Harlingen or a daytrip which we provide including bikes to Ameland or Schiermonnikoog (both Waddensea islands). Our goal is to give guests a carefree vegan holiday in every respect.
- Two guestrooms available, one luxurious larger room with TV and one smaller cosy room. Both can be rented together at a reduced family price. Both have free free LAN internet, care products, coffee and tea facilities.
- Including the use of the private lounge and living room area with board games and books, ideal for longer stays.
- Private entrance.
- A 3-course dinner including coffee and tea, € 27,50. See for more information our dinner options (minimal two persons).
- A (picnic) lunch including fruit, coffee or tea, orange juice and a cooler bag, € 12,50.
- A Full Engish breakfast including a fried egg, bacon, sausages, English marmalade, orange juice, Earl grey tea and toast, € 14,50 per person with a minimum of two persons.
- Including a vegan minibar with a wide variety of snacks and alcoholic beverages.
- Half- and full board or customized holidays are also possible at Vegotel Blije. See for more information Vegotel half or full board and package/service.
- E-bike, bicycle and electric car rental available.
- Both rooms have an unobstructed endless view over the meadows.
- Both rooms have direct access to the private bathroom.
- Free coffee and tea facilities on your guest room.
- During July/August both Vegotel rooms can only be rented for at least six nights. During June and September for at least four nights. One night last minute depending on availability.
- In addition to your breakfast, we can also provide lunch and three course dinner for two persons based on half or fullboard.
- A list of local restaurants with vegan options is available.
- For the inbetween groceries we work together with Ekoplaza Leeuwarden, a fully biological/ecological supermarket with a wide range of vegan food and drinks.